The Nature Hideaway Kit
Can you become a nature detective? Spot animal trails, learn bird calls, watch how the seasons alter the outdoor world around you - and learn the skill of den-building.
Build your very own hide, using natural frame and screening, camouflage netting, a waterproof tarpaulin and your own imaginative and ingenious mind.
Snuggle into your secret shelter with your spotter-sheet & monocular and copy on the birds, animals and mini-beasts that share your space.
- A roomy duffle bag made from cotton canvas. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying. There is plenty of room to add extra equipment and it’s embroidered with the National Trust logo.
- Camouflage netting - an essential piece of explorer kit. Size 2.4 x 2 m. Shake it out and drape over anything to create instant camouflage.
- A tough, durable, green tarpaulin to use as part of your structure or as a groundsheet. Approx dimensions 1.8 x 1.2m
- A real monocular with great magnification and an easy focus dial.
- A Stick-let - an ingenious, flexible rubber connector for frame-construction in brilliant orange so it won't get mislaid in the woods.
- A beautiful, unique and functional handmade wooden mallet fashioned from Shropshire coppiced ash.
- A sturdy mini-clipboard made from recycled cardboard, plus a fun nature scavenger hunt and a drawing pad - keep your own personal nature log-book.
- A tree branch pencil for camouflaged writing!
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, water-based, cruelty-free and made here in the UK. Blending in with nature, without harming it - perfect for the environmentally conscious explorer.
The Den Kit Company and the National Trust share a passion for helping children connect with nature from an early age. That’s why we’ve joined forces to create this National Trust Nature Hideaway Kit designed to appeal to older children’s natural sense of adventure and discovery.
Together we hope to spark wonder test ingenuity and help create a generation that cares for nature into the future. A minimum of £2000 will be given to the National Trust through the sale of this product. Produced by The Den Kit Company under licence from The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (a subsidiary of The National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty, registered charity number 205846).