Nature Hideaway Kit
Can you become a nature detective? Spot animal trails, learn bird calls, watch how the seasons alter the outdoor world around you - and learn the skill of den-building. Build your very own hide, using natural frame and screening, camouflage netting, a waterproof tarpaulin and your own imaginative and ingenious mind.
Snuggle into your secret shelter with your spotter-sheet & monocular and spy on the birds, animals and mini-beasts that share your space.
*For a limited period. A minimum of £2000 will be given to the National Trust through the sale of this product.
- A roomy duffle bag made from cotton canvas. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying. There is plenty of room to add extra equipment and it’s embroidered with the National Trust logo.
- Camouflage netting - an essential piece of explorer kit. Size 2.4 x 2 m. Shake it out and drape over anything to create instant camouflage.
- A tough, durable, green tarpaulin to use as part of your structure or as a groundsheet. Approx dimensions 1.8 x 1.2m
- A real monocular with great magnification and an easy focus dial.
- A Stick-let - an ingenious, flexible rubber connector for frame-construction in brilliant orange so it won't get mislaid in the woods.
- A beautiful, unique and functional handmade wooden mallet fashioned from Shropshire coppiced ash.
- A sturdy mini-clipboard made from recycled cardboard, plus a fun nature scavenger hunt and a drawing pad - keep your own personal nature log-book.
- A tree branch pencil for camouflaged writing!
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, water-based, cruelty-free and made here in the UK. Blending in with nature, without harming it - perfect for the environmentally conscious explorer.
The Den Kit Company and the National Trust share a passion for helping children connect with nature from an early age. That’s why we’ve joined forces to create this National Trust Nature Hideaway Kit designed to appeal to older children’s natural sense of adventure and discovery.
Together we hope to spark wonder test ingenuity and help create a generation that cares for nature into the future. A minimum of £2000 will be given to the National Trust through the sale of this product. Produced by The Den Kit Company under licence from The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (a subsidiary of The National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty, registered charity number 205846).
Depending on where you live (and how fast that parcel needs to arrive), there are a couple of options for postage:
|UK Mainland||UK Remote*|
|Standard (Royal Mail)||
£3.50 (FREE over £40)
3-5 working days
£3.50 (FREE over £40)
3-5 working days
|2 - 3 day Express (APC Courier)
£6.95Delivered in 2 - 3 days, signature required**
Email us for a price
*Remote includes Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Isle of Scilly.
**Order by 11am Monday - Thursday for express delivery. Orders placed before 11am Monday to Thursday will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed after 11am Monday to Thursday will be dispatched the following day on a express delivery. All orders placed on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be dispatched on the following Monday.
As a small independent business, we pride ourselves on offering the friendly and efficient customer service that we’d want to receive. In the unlikely event that a product arrives with you in poor/faulty condition, or if you have any concerns about it, please email us - we promise to do everything in our power to put it right.
Should you need to return any product, simply post your order to us within 14 days, unused and in its original condition.
Once received we will then arrange either an exchange or full refund.
Return your item to:
The Den Kit Co.
We would always recommend that you return the item via registered mail as we are unable to help if the item doesn’t make it back to us.