The Den Kit Company Ltd. may change our terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice to you. These terms and conditions only apply to UK customers only (including the Channel Islands).
The Den Kit Company Ltd. continually seeks to improve the quality and value of its goods and services. Whilst we take every care to ensure photographs and descriptions on our website are accurate (errors & omissions, excepted) and informative, we reserve the right to change specifications or improve our products when appropriate. In the event of any substituted product not being acceptable, we will gladly issue a full refund, provided the goods in question are returned within 30 days of delivery and in their original condition.
Placing an order (by any method) indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference.
The contract between us
When you place an order with The Den Kit Company Ltd., you are making an offer, which the company can either accept or decline.
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted.
Once payment, or purchase order, has been received by us we will send you an email confirming that your order has been accepted to the email address you provide. Please notify us if you do not receive an email.
Acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. The agreement is governed by English law.
Retention of title
All goods remain the property of The Den Kit Company Ltd. until paid for in full.
Once you have received the goods, we will not be liable to their loss or destruction and you will hold the goods at your own risk.
Your right to cancel your order
You can cancel your order at any time up to the end of 14 working days from receipt of your order. Special orders may be subject to an administration fee.
To cancel your order you must notify us in writing to The Den Kit Company Ltd. The Dairy, Brownhills, Leebotwood, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 6LU or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have received your goods before you cancel your order then you must send the goods back to us at The Den Kit Company. The Dairy, Brownhills, Leebotwood, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 6LU. The item is your full responsibility until it is returned to us. We recommend, therefore, that you return your item using a delivery service that insures you for the full value of the goods. The cost of returning the item to us is entirely your responsibility. Please also enclose a copy of your invoice. Returned items must be not have been used and must be returned in their original packaging with any enclosed documentation.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your order, we will re-credit your account as soon as possible provided that the goods returned by you and received by us are in exactly the same condition as they were when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or you do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the costs of recovering the goods from the amount that is to be re-credited to you.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the order between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods that you have ordered
- we do not deliver to your area or country
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your order, we will notify you by email and will re-credit your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible. We will not be obliged to offer an additional compensation.
The Den Kit Company Ltd. has a policy to reduce packing materials and eradicate single-use plastic without compromising the protection of your goods. We try to recycle packaging where we can and have a zero to landfill waste policy.
The Den Kit Company is a limited company, registration number 07237312
The Den Kit Company Ltd. is VAT Registered. VAT Registration Number: 991574575
VAT at the appropriate rate will be added to all prices where applicable, including carriage and packing charges.
Competition terms & conditions
- The Promoter is The Den Kit Company Ltd. (company no. 07237312), registered office is Nant Valley, Wall Under Heywood, Church Stretton, Shropshire. SY6 7JA.
- Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, except employees of The Den Kit Company Ltd. and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter competitions.
- By entering The Den Kit Company competitions, entrants are indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for competitions and details of how to enter may be via
- The Den Kit Company Ltd. website
- and/or via
- Facebook: @denkitco
- Twitter: @denkit
- Instagram: @denkitco
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/thedenkitco
Not all competitions run on every platform.
- Competition rules and how to enter are as indicated in the competition information.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person, unless otherwise stated in the individual promotion. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
- Any entries that the Promoter considers (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen as indicated in the competition information.
- Giveaway winner(s) will be randomly selected
- Skills, quality or answer-based entries shall be judged based on the judging criteria set out in the promotion, by employees of The Den Kit Company.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email or social media via the account provided at point of entry, within 14 days of the closing date, and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image (if provided) in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted into future marketing from the Promoter.
- The winner’s surname and county will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com unless the winner opts out. In this case, the promoter must nevertheless still provide the information and winning entry to the ASA if challenged.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to The Den Kit Company and not to any other party.
When sharing images or films/videos with us, you must have permission from any person whose face is recognisable in those photographs/moving images.
This includes parental permission for any images of children under 16.
Please do not send us photographs or films if you do not have permission.
By sending us photographs you understand that the images will be used on The Den Kit Company website and may also be used in our newsletters and social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Ed Stafford Competition 2020 Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 8 to 16, except the close relatives of The Den Kit Company Ltd employees, or anyone connected with the competition or the particular prize being offered. Permission to enter will be required from a parent or guardian. Proof of permission, identity and eligibility may be required. The Den Kit Company Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who breaches these rules.
- The competition will run: from 9th January 2010 until the 21st January (midnight) 2020. Entries outside of the period will not count. No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per entrant, any additional entries will be disregarded.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition is via Instagram @denkitco and details of how to enter are via Instagram @denkitco, http://www.thedenkitco.com, and Twitter@DenKit
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To enter tag a photo to @denkitco on Instagram of your child on an outdoor adventure. The winners of the fire making morning will be selected by ED Stafford from all entries and from the eight winners one person will selected at random to win a midweek four-night or weekend three-night stay at one of their 11 locations. Accommodation will be in a fully equipped two-bed Silver Birch cabin on a self-catering basis, sleeping up to four. Includes all cabin comforts - soaring windows with dramatic woodland views, your own outdoor hot tub, Wi-Fi, and well-equipped kitchen (T&Cs apply *).
- After the winner is selected, their parent or guardian will be contacted via the Instagram account used to give their consent.
- If, after reasonable attempts a winner cannot be contacted, that entrant’s participation in the competition ends and another winner will be selected from the remaining entries.
- The prizes consist of: 8 prizes of a morning on Sunday 26th January at Forest Holidays, Forest of Dean, Bracelands Drive, Christchurch, Coleford, Gloucester, GL16 7NN with Ed Stafford learning about survival skill: fire lighting, and one of the eight winners will then be selected at random to win a stay at Forest Holidays.
- The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. The winner will be notified within 24 hours of the competition closing.
- The Den Kit Companies decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The first names of the winners will be made public.
- The Den Kit Company Ltd reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules, including but not limited to being ineligible to enter, or has acted fraudulently in any way and; (iii) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- The Den Kit Company Ltd, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, system, network or service provider or otherwise which may result in any entry not being properly logged or not recorded.
- Parents or guardians will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering.
*Forest Holiday Prize:
Winner can opt for a midweek four-night or weekend three-night stay at one of our 11 locations. Accommodation will be in a fully equipped two-bed Silver Birch cabin on a self-catering basis, sleeping up to four. Includes all cabin comforts - soaring windows with dramatic woodland views, your own outdoor hot tub, Wi-Fi, and well-equipped kitchen. Bliss!
- The prize must be booked and taken by 31 December 2020 (excluding bank holidays and school holidays), and is subject to availability.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts.
- The winner is responsible for transport to and from their chosen location.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- By entering the competition you signify your agreement with these terms and conditions.